Rock Springs and Green River offers a robust menu of outdoor adventure ideal for your vacation. Whether you crave the adrenaline rush of Surfing the Sand Dunes or a peaceful night of camping, you’ll find something to suit your tastes.
Tip: Many of these experiences are truly off-grid. Cell service is limited, so maps or GPS are the way to go if you need to navigate. Always tell someone where you’re heading and when you’ll return, and pack plenty of water. Additionally, check the weather to make sure you’re geared up properly.
1. Take a locally guided Flaming Gorge Tour around Southwest Wyoming’s newly designated All-American road.
2. See wildlife year-round at Seedskadee National Wildlife Refuge
3. Attend one of the many local events. Wyoming’s Big Show, River Festival, International Day, and more! Check out our event calendar.
4. Share a drink or dine at one of our many local bars and restaurants. View our restaurant guide.
5. Learn about the area’s history at the Rock Springs Historical Museum or Sweetwater County Historical Museum
6. Get outside and explore at Expedition Island. This park features a walking path, lazy river, splash pad, whitewater park, and more!
8. Rock Springs and Green River are home to some incredible fishing year-round. Fish along the Green River or on Flaming Gorge Reservoir.
9. Explore on two-wheels at one of the many local trail bike systems. Voted “#1 Best Mountain Bike Trail in Wyoming”and the “The Most Popular Mountain Bike Trail in Wyoming” for two years in a row by Singletracks.com.