With its beautiful scenery, rugged outdoors and abundant recreation, Green River attracts thrill-seekers and nature-lovers of all stripes. From world-class fishing and wildlife watching to family sports complexes, river rafting, kayaking and swimming, you will find everything you need to enjoy this unique corner of Wyoming.
About Green River, Wyoming
John Wesley Powell recognized the beauty of Green River in 1869 on his way south to the splendor of the Grand Canyon. But today, Green River is a recreational hot spot, offering both indoor and outdoor fun year-round and a chance to see Wyoming’s diverse wildlife. Enjoyed by go-getters and naturalists alike, the area’s natural beauty is carefully preserved in public lands with many trails, parks and rock formations to enjoy.
Things to Do in Green River
- Eat, shop and experience the Spirit of the New West in historic downtown.
- Visit the Sweetwater County Museum to learn about Southwest Wyoming’s heritage and outlaws.
- Have a two-wheeled adventure at the Green River Bike Park or explore the 30 miles of marked mountain biking trails.
- Hike among the rock formations.
- Remember the Wild West with a tour of the Wild Horse Loop.
- Kayak at the Whitewater Park and Tubing Channel at Expedition Island.